Trekking and canoes
Duration of the trip:8 hours approximately (calculate between 4 hours trekking and 1 ½ of canoeing)
Season:any time of the year. The information gave it here; it’s for the season between October and April.
Requirements:this excursion is a level I that means it´s a low level of difficulty. It´s not mandatory to have a previous training, just have a good health condition. On the tour there are not many relevant slopes. The canoeing is going to depend on the weather.
Itinerary: This tour will invite you to live an amazing adventure on board of canoes and going into trails that are going to allow you to see the most incredible landscapes composed by sea, mountains and forest. The places that you are going to visit on this excursion are simply amazing. You could enjoy the variety of wildlife and flora, everywhere, on the Lapataia Bay or in the Beagle Channel.
You could see foxes, birds, ducks, condors, eagles, beaver´s dams and peatlands.
The excursion will start with the transfer from the hotel in Ushuaia, to the Ensenada Bay, located inside the Tierra del Fuego National Park. There is where you start the coastal path that is 6 ½ kilometers long and where is possible to see sea birds and different mammals. Along the way, we will go through archaeological sites, shell middens, species like the Canelo, the Notro and the ruins of an antique Yámana population.
Between 3 and 4 hours later, we will get to the Roca Lake, where we are going to do a break to have lunch and get ready to board the canoes that will take us through Lapataria River.
The canoeing part has duration of one hour and a half and you will enjoy at the maximum of the path of 5 kilometers.
On the first part of the excursion you will have the possibility of seeing at the wildlife of the place, with magnificent species of water birds as: black neck swan, grebes and cauquenes. Then you will reach the Cormorants´s Archipelago where we will see the famous Beagle Channel with all the islands inhabited by different species, such as penguins and sea lions.
The tour is going to finish in Lapataia Bay, where National Route Nº3 ends as well. Here you could see archaeological sites on an open view.
- The entrance needs to be paid on cash and ONLY in Argentinian pesos.
- It´s necessary to explain the difference of price between foreign and Argentinian residents, because Argentinians, with their taxes contributes with the National Park.
- Different places where you could see the wildlife and the flora of the city, you also will see nesting places.
- Navigation on canoes: this is a really original way to get to know the park
- Variety on landscapes
- Archaeological sites
- Visit to Lapataia Bay, one of the most beautiful places in the end of the world.
The Price includes:
- Transfers to the National Park from Ushuaia, round trip.
- Bilingual and experimented guides on rafting and trekking.
- Equipment: Canoes, rowing and life guards. (*)
- Support from the people on land during the hold trip.
- Security equipment and radios.
- Personal insurance on accidents (**)
- Complete lunch with beverages and dessert included (variety of snacks, Argentinian BBQ with beef, chorizo, and chicken (or a kind of chicken pot). Snacks when you disembark (Hot chocolate and alfajor).
This price does not include:
The entrance ticket to the National Park, it has to be paid by each passenger ARS560 (since October 2019 ARS560.-)
Expenses for loss or damage of the equipment due to negligence or carelessness of the passenger
Insurance for personal stuff such as photo cameras or video cameras.
We will navigate on board of boats called “ Duckies” that allows until 8 passengers on each one.
You will count with life guards approved by the Argentinian Prefecture.
(**) For this, the passenger need to give previously this personal information:
a) Date of birth
b) Complete name
c) Passport Number
Passengers over 65 years old, can´t be insured.
Each passenger needs to complete a medic form that will have the validity of affidavit.